Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Art Journal

I had just expressed to a friend how I seemed to have lost my creativity, when I got an email from someone asking if I was interested in an upcoming workshop at BizzyB in September. She put a link to Dina Wakley's blog and I found a video on 'warming up.' It suggests that we need to warm up before creating, and showed how to make a journal page with no expectations. 
I was excited to get started and try to let my inner artist play. I am not that loose with my crafts, I usually like to have my work clean and linear. So I was anxious to see how this would work out.
I went on a hunt for a book, one of 3 that I have, but I only found one that I had already used for something else. So I ended up having to make one. I found some watercolour paper and cut it to size. I sewed it and bound it into a cover. It took a lot longer than I expected, but I like the end result.
After completing the book I used ink, paint, spray glitter, chalk and any other mediums I could find. I used some masks and finally some stamps.
When it dried I found a couple of sentiments and added them too. I was inspired to write in it. Here is the finished product.
The second pages reads, "Get off your butt and create."
I am hopeful that I can make many of these pages.
Cover


2 comments:

Dina said...

It looks fab! So glad you found the warm-up video helpful.

Warm n Wonderful said...

I was so looking forward to joining you at BizzyB, but all the classes filled up so quickly while I was out of town, so I will not have the pleasure of meeting you after all. Perhaps next time.
Mary